Mountain Games & Activities
Adventure sports and mountain activities are the best excuse to learn, breathe fresh air, do sports and create stronger bonds in families.
There is nothing better for children and parents than being in nature to learn, first hand and in a practical way, everything they study at school. The mountain is a means that offers families everything they need to spend a weekend or holidays fun and adventure. And the children enjoy it more than anyone else.
There are plenty of games and creative activities that are totally safe for the whole family. Want to know what they are? Today in Columbus, Mud Lists will tell you some of the mountain activities you can do with children to spend an unforgettable time in contact with nature … Don’t miss it!
There are simple routes for cycling with children and families. These trails pass through signposted roads, rural roads and highways with hardly any traffic, so there is no risk.
If you are going to enjoy a mountain bike ride, don’t forget to take the necessary precautions such as wearing the right helmets, ensuring the proper functioning of the bicycles and of course, not riding after sunset.
Children enjoy exercising outdoors and playing at being explorers knowing the most hidden places. And you are their best guide and adventure companion!
There are many equestrian centers near the mountain that offer horseback riding for the whole family. Some rural houses also have stables. You can choose to take a course according to your level, or simply enjoy a quiet mountain walk with your family.
Little ones will love to have and feel the horses up close, as well as learn to ride them. Animals and mountain activities for kids…they’ll have a great time!
Climbing For The Whole Family
Yes, it’s possible! There are very simple outdoor routes adapted for children. Climbing schools usually have introductory courses for the whole family. If you don’t have the climbing equipment, these courses usually have the equipment included.
Climbing is one of the most popular mountain sports, and can be practiced by both children and adults, and climbing is a perfect sport for building confidence in children, as well as learning how to manage stress. After climbing, they’ll feel like they can handle anything.
There are natural sites with authorized campsites for the whole family to enjoy an unforgettable holiday. Sleeping outdoors, telling stories in the moonlight? Your children will probably say yes. You can organise a simple hiking route and then camp.
The games are perfect for your children to learn the flora and fauna of the mountain, which will help them respect and value nature. In addition, through games they stimulate their creativity, imagination and increase their confidence by doing activities with their parents. There is nothing more important for a child than spending time with his parents.
There are as many mountain games as you can think of, but we give you some clues:
- Flying a kite: something as simple as flying a kite can be very entertaining and exciting for children.
- Identify trees: To learn the names of the trees and have fun at the same time, you can play at saying out loud the names of the trees and the children have to look for it, the first one to find it wins.
- Gather the same objects: you can choose some things present in the environment. Then they have to look for the same objects.
- Making necklaces: nature offers infinite possibilities to make jewels: flowers, sticks, leaves… You only need to carry a rope to make the pendant. They won’t want to take it off!
- Orientation Games: this game needs a little more elaboration, but it is worth it. It consists of making orientation games and returning from a route with the orientation data that is given.
- Build a hut: Who hasn’t built a hut on the mountain? All you need is wooden sticks and a blanket to create a real Indian tipi.
In addition to these activities, you can also make an album and stick the leaves of the plants you collect, so you can take a souvenir of your holidays in the mountains.
As you can see, there are a lot of mountain activities for children and the whole family. The little ones will never forget the family holidays in the mountains, the names of the trees they learned or the adventures they lived with their parents.
And who knows, maybe this will awaken their taste for adventure.